The decrease of collagen levels in the body is a universal issue that leads to visible signs of skin aging, including wrinkles, freckles, dark spots, and melasma. Fresh collagen products have become a popular solution to combat this problem. However, not everyone comprehends what fresh collagen is and its benefits. In this article, you will learn about fresh collagen and its effects on your skin and health.
What is fresh collagen?
Fresh collagen is a skin care product designed to supplement collagen – a compound consisting of many proteins that benefit the body and skin. These products contain up to 90% fresh collagen, which is ten times more effective than other collagen types.
Fresh collagen is available in different forms, including serums, capsules, masks, and essences, and is highly regarded by experts for its safety and compatibility with all skin types, even the most sensitive.
When applied, fresh collagen is quickly absorbed by the skin, stimulating tissue regeneration and helping to overcome skin defects. As a result, the skin becomes brighter, smoother, and stronger.
Besides containing pure collagen, fresh collagen also contains other beneficial ingredients, such as antioxidants, amino acids, micro-minerals, vitamins, calcium, zinc, and hyaluronic acid, which are essential for comprehensive and in-depth skin care.
Is Drinking Fresh Collagen Beneficial for Skin and Health?
Having learned about what fresh collagen is and its effects on the skin in the previous section, let’s now answer the question of whether drinking fresh collagen is good or not.
Collagen is an essential protein in the skin, and it helps to maintain healthy skin and prevent skin aging conditions. Thus, it can be concluded that drinking fresh collagen is beneficial for the skin and helps to improve various skin defects and organs effectively. Let’s explore some of the benefits of drinking fresh collagen below:
For the Skin:
Drinking fresh collagen has several benefits for the skin, including:
- Supporting the recovery of damaged skin cells and regenerating old cells, reversing the signs of aging and helping the skin look young and fresh.
- Restoring the skin’s inherent elasticity, making it smooth, reducing wrinkles, crow’s feet, and making the skin firm, tight, and lifted.
- Preventing the production of melanin, which causes skin darkening and uneven skin tone.
- Fresh collagen also helps to reduce dark spots, freckles, and bring a rosy complexion to the skin.
- Providing the skin with essential nutrients, keeping it healthy, moisturized, and reducing the size of pores, resulting in smooth and soft skin.
- Increasing the skin’s resistance and reducing irritation caused by external environmental factors.
For Other Organs:
Apart from the skin, drinking fresh collagen is also beneficial for other organs in the body, including:
- Improving the smooth functioning of bones and joints, which means that joint pain will gradually subside with consistent use.
- Enhancing mood, reducing stress, and promoting better and deeper sleep.
- Serving as a nutritional supplement for nails and hair.
- Preventing oral diseases such as periodontitis, heart and liver diseases, and more.
In conclusion, drinking fresh collagen is highly beneficial for skin and overall health. It helps to restore skin health and promotes healthy bodily functions.
Enhancing the Effects of Fresh Collagen: Stages of Supplementation
The benefits of fresh collagen and whether drinking it is good for you have been extensively discussed above. However, to get the most out of collagen, it is important to understand the stages of collagen supplementation. By doing so, you can take it properly and maximize its benefits. The specific stages of fresh collagen supplementation are as follows:
After age 25:
To maintain the youthfulness of your skin, it is advisable to start supplementing with fresh collagen from the age of 25 or earlier. After 25, the amount of collagen in your body decreases by 1-1.5% each year. As a result, your skin will weaken, lose its elasticity, and develop wrinkles, fine lines, and dryness.
Frequency of fresh collagen consumption after age 25: You should drink fresh collagen regularly every day. Continue for 3 months, then take a break to allow your skin to rest and regenerate more effectively.
After age 30:
At this stage, your skin loses up to 15% of collagen, accelerating the aging process and causing more visible signs of aging. Therefore, supplementing with collagen after age 30 is essential to maintain youthful and healthy skin.
Frequency of fresh collagen consumption after age 30: Experts recommend drinking it every day, along with a healthy diet and exercise routine. Additionally, you should supplement your body with vitamins C and A for 3-6 months to promote younger and more radiant skin.
After age 40:
At this age and beyond, the level of collagen in your skin decreases significantly, to around 30-45%, causing it to lose structure and elasticity and become loose, saggy, and severely dry. Therefore, adding fresh collagen at this time is crucial to gradually reverse the signs of aging on your skin.
Frequency of fresh collagen consumption after age 40: You should drink one bottle of fresh collagen daily, along with eating plenty of fruits and vegetables that contain high levels of vitamins A, C, and antioxidants. Additionally, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, engaging in gentle exercise, avoiding stress, and staying positive and happy are important for maintaining youthful-looking skin.
The difference between fresh collagen and normal collagen
In addition to understanding what collagen is and whether it’s beneficial to consume fresh collagen, many people are interested in knowing the difference between fresh collagen and normal collagen. Generally, the two types of collagen differ in the following ways:
In terms of effects, both fresh collagen and normal collagen are considered to be the same. However, the major difference between the two lies in their ability to penetrate the skin. Fresh collagen has a structure that is quite similar to that of the skin, with microscopic nano-molecules that can deeply penetrate the skin to provide nutrients faster than normal collagen. This leads to a shorter treatment time and faster results in achieving firmer and smoother skin.
Fresh collagen and normal collagen also differ in their final product forms. While normal collagen is usually available in capsule, liquid, or powder forms, fresh collagen is typically produced in the form of creams, serums, gels, masks, and soft capsules.
Why fresh collagen doesn’t seem to work?
Despite being touted as a “cure-all” for common aging skin issues such as wrinkles, sagging skin, acne, dark spots, lack of vitality, and more, some people don’t see significant improvements in their skin even after regular use. Here are some reasons why using fresh collagen may not be effective:
Exfoliation is a crucial step in skincare as it helps remove dirt, dust, bacteria, and sebum from the skin. Without exfoliation, these substances accumulate on the skin and hinder collagen absorption.
To ensure collagen works better and your facial skin appears younger and more beautiful, it’s recommended to exfoliate twice a week.
Using unsuitable products for your skin
To enhance the efficacy of fresh collagen, many manufacturers combine it with various essential vitamins and minerals. Before purchasing and using a collagen product, it’s important to research the product and understand your skin to select the appropriate fresh collagen product. Here are some examples:
- Fresh collagen combined with vitamin C: Boosts collagen synthesis, inhibits pigmentation, brightens skin.
- Fresh collagen combined with vitamin E: Protects skin from UV damage, reduces dark spots, prevents skin damage, slows down aging.
- Fresh collagen combined with vitamin B2: Eliminates dead cells, promotes rapid regeneration of new skin cells.
- Fresh collagen combined with vitamin B6: Treats and prevents acne.
Using Low-Quality Fresh Collagen
As fresh collagen becomes increasingly popular among women, the appearance of businesses selling poor-quality products is inevitable. Purchasing fresh collagen with unclear ingredients or of low quality will not bring the desired efficiency. It can even make the skin more prone to irritation, inflammation, and infection.
How to Use Fresh Collagen Properly
Fresh collagen can give you healthy, beautiful, and youthful skin; however, using it incorrectly can lead to adverse effects on the skin and reduce its effectiveness. To ensure the safety of your skin and help it fully absorb the nutrients from fresh collagen, you can follow these steps:
Firstly, thoroughly clean and exfoliate your skin.Next, apply fresh collagen directly to the skin you want to rejuvenate. Remember to massage gently for a few minutes, especially in areas with many wrinkles, so that collagen can penetrate evenly and faster.
Note: For the best skin care effect, you should apply fresh collagen at night before going to bed. For those who have degraded skin and need to add more collagen, it can be applied twice a day, in the morning and at night.
Improving notes for using fresh collagen
We have provided you with information on what fresh collagen is, its benefits, and related details. To optimize its effectiveness, there are a few additional things to keep in mind:
- Avoid excessive application or consumption of fresh collagen. Topical use should be limited to 2 times a day, and for oral use, follow the manufacturer’s instructions or consult with a specialist.
- Be consistent in use for 2-3 months to achieve brighter, smoother, and more radiant skin. Purchase fresh collagen from reputable sources; using poor quality products can lead to skin infections, irritation, and swelling.
- In addition to using fresh collagen, maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine to enhance beauty from within.
- Apply sunscreen and protective clothing before going outside to prevent direct UV rays on the skin, which can cause dark spots and skin damage.
- Prior to applying fresh collagen to your face or neck, conduct a skin patch test on your hands to determine if you may have an allergic reaction.
We hope that this article has helped answer your questions about fresh collagen and whether drinking fresh collagen is good for you. By following these tips, you can achieve firmer, younger-looking, and more radiant skin.
Johnny Jacks was born in 1985 in Texas, USA. He is the founder of Good Health Plan and is passionate about helping people improve their health and physical well-being. With over a decade of experience working in the healthcare industry, he currently works at Goodheathplan.com – a blog that shares knowledge on beauty and health.