If before, people used talcum powder to absorb moisture, antibacterial, reduce darkening of baby’s skin. Later, many people found that it also works for adults. This secret quickly spread and is widely applied. But actually, how to treat dark underarms with talcum powder is really effective. Let’s find out more details in this article!
Why does talcum powder work to treat dark underarms?
We often use baby powder to keep the baby’s skin dry, free from bacteria and reduce odors. Because talcum powder has a very good effect of absorbing moisture, bactericidal and deodorizing on the body.
The reason talcum powder has such uses is because its composition contains: talcum powder, calcium salts, zinc salts and also avocado oil, vitamin E. These ingredients have the effect of absorbing oil and moisture. , anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and soothing to the skin, limiting darkening. Therefore, mothers often apply baby powder to areas prone to moisture such as groin, legs, neck and armpits. This is very effective and it also works for adults.
Therefore, the treatment of underarm odor and underarm odor with talcum powder is also applied by many people. In addition, when combining talcum powder and some other ingredients, the treatment effect will be better. Let’s find out and do it with Beauty Spa!
8 ways to treat dark underarms and underarms with simple talcum powder
Choose any formula or combine many formulas to persistently apply properly for a while to quickly improve the condition of bad smell and dark underarms!
How to reduce underarm odor with only talcum powder
Surely the initial content has proven to you that how to treat dark underarms or underarms with talcum powder is effective. Therefore, there is no need for you to combine sophisticatedly with other ingredients, just using talcum powder properly is enough to reduce underarm odor, kill bacteria and reduce dark spots effectively.
- Shower thoroughly, thoroughly clean the underarm skin, then apply baby powder to the skin under the arm
- Gently massage for about 5 minutes so that the ingredients of the talcum powder penetrate the skin, absorb all the moisture, then put on your clothes normally.
Combine talcum powder and white wine to reduce darkening and underarm odor
Do you know? The alcohol content in wine is very good at disinfecting, deodorizing and cleaning fresh food. Therefore, we often use alcohol to wash chickens, ducks, cows, calves, etc.
Speaking of which, you probably guessed that alcohol is also effective in killing odor-causing bacteria, eliminating odors, and treating dark underarms. But this method is very few people know, but its effectiveness is not inferior to any folk remedies.
In addition to alcohol content, alcohol also contains a number of other substances that control the amount of sweat secreted, remove impurities, sebum, and dirt crept in the pores in the armpit. Thanks to that, when combining alcohol and talcum powder, it will promote a very good treatment effect.
- Prepare white wine and talcum powder
- Put the white wine in a small clean bowl, put a small soft towel in the bowl to let the towel soak up the white wine
- Clean the skin in the armpits and then put a wine towel on it
- Hold the towel for 10 minutes, then take it out and wait for the skin to dry
- Apply talcum powder to the skin in the armpits, gently rub it to absorb into the skin and absorb sweat.
This formula is very safe, non-irritating, but those with sensitive skin should test on the back of their hand before applying.
The duo of coconut oil and talcum powder both treat odor and treat dark underarms
Coconut oil is indeed an ingredient that has many great uses such as beauty skin, hair health, eyelash length, food processing. But few people know that it also has the effect of reducing odor and treating dark underarms. Because in coconut oil contains many ingredients that have bactericidal effect, control sweat secretion and repel melanin pigment to help reduce dark underarm skin very well.
Therefore, when combining coconut oil and talcum powder, it will bring outstanding treatment for underarm odor and dark underarms.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and baby powder
- Wash the whole body, thoroughly clean the armpit area
- Apply coconut oil to the skin under the arms and massage gently in a circular motion for about 5 minutes for the skin to absorb the nutrients in the coconut oil.
- Clean the skin in the armpits, then apply talcum powder to keep it dry, reduce odors, kill bacteria and significantly reduce darkening.
How to treat dark underarms with talcum powder and egg whites
Egg white is also one of the ingredients that have a very good deodorizing effect and treat dark underarms. Especially when combined with talcum powder, the treatment effect is multiplied many times.
- Prepare 1 egg white and 2 spoons of baby powder
- Mix the ingredients together until they have a smooth consistency
- Clean the skin under the arm, then use a cotton pad to absorb the mixture just prepared to apply a thin layer to the skin in the armpit.
- This way you should apply in the evening to keep the mixture overnight, to promote the full effect of the mixture
How to treat dark underarms with talcum powder, fresh lemon and honey
Lemon is the leading ingredient in beauty and skin care of women. And it is the first ingredient that Beauty Spa tells you to use to treat dark underarms with effective talcum powder.
- Lemon juice mixed with a few drops of honey when applied to the skin
- Gentle skin massage will help kill bacteria, remove dirt, dead cells. In addition, it helps to make the underarm skin soft and whiter.
- After massaging with honey lemon, rinse with water and then apply baby powder.
- Baby powder at this time will work on the skin, helping to absorb moisture, soothe, reduce darkening.
- It should be done regularly every day and continuously for 1-2 months.
Treat dark underarms and underarms with baby powder and vinegar
Vinegar is mainly used for cooking. But with a lot of acid ingredients, it is also used by women to kill bacteria, treat dark spots, and care for the skin. If vinegar is combined with salt to reduce underarm odor, when combined with baby powder, it can both treat dark spots and reduce underarm odor.
- Use about 10-15 ml of vinegar to add about 2 teaspoons of baby powder. Mix the mixture well then apply it on the underarms.
- Use your hands to gently massage in a circular motion.
- Do it for about 5-7 minutes. Rinse the armpits with water.
- Do regularly 2 times / week and continuously for 4-6 weeks will see noticeable results.
- Skin is gradually brighter and smoother and odor is significantly reduced.
Recipe for treating dark underarms with talcum powder combined with Baking Soda
Baking soda is used to exfoliate the skin, lighten the underarm skin effectively. Therefore, baking soda is a great ingredient used in home remedies for dark underarms.
- Prepare baking soda and quality baby powder.
- Mix in a 1:1 ratio, you can mix a lot and store it in a glass jar for future use.
- After you shower, clean and moisten the underarms. Apply dry powder.
Note: make the skin moist enough for the mixture to adhere to the skin. After applying, let the armpits dry naturally. Wait about 30 minutes and then wash the underarm area with cold water.
With the antiseptic ability of these two ingredients, in addition to the effect of treating dark spots, this method also reduces unpleasant underarm odor.
How to treat dark underarms with talcum powder with alum
Many women have applied the treatment of dark underarms with these 2 ingredients and are very satisfied with the results. Baby powder absorbs moisture, soothes and softens the skin to help dry skin and prevent bacteria, limiting odor. Along with alum, it has the ability to whiten and smooth the skin.
- Similar to the mixture of baking soda and talcum powder, alum is also mixed with talcum powder in a 1:1 ratio.
- The alum is heated on the stove, then cooled and finely ground. The smoother the better, the substances will work on the skin faster and make the skin more comfortable.
- Moisten the underarm area, apply the mixture and let it dry naturally.
- Rinse with water after 20 minutes.
- Do it twice a day and need to be persistent for 30 days to get the expected results.
Notes when treating dark underarms with talcum powder
To apply the effective treatment of dark underarms with talcum powder, you not only need to follow the instructions, but above all, you must also follow some of the notes below. In order to avoid the risks of harm to the skin, and at the same time promote the highest treatment effectiveness.
- It is recommended to buy talcum powder of a big and reputable brand at reliable addresses to ensure safety for the skin, avoid causing dermatitis, acne when buying poor quality talcum powder.
- Should limit the use of underarm rollers and deodorant sprays during darkening and underarm odor treatment.
- Always clean the underarm skin before applying talcum powder or mixtures of talcum powder combined with other ingredients.
- When the skin under the arm is open wound, sore or scratched, etc., it is not recommended to apply the treatment for dark underarms during this time, wait until the skin has completely healed.
- Apply with the frequency noted in each recipe. Do not use too many times to cause damage to the skin.
- Please wear loose, absorbent clothes to reduce odors
- Limit eating spicy foods such as garlic, onions, etc. Or hot foods.
- Drink a lot of water to purify the body, reduce the amount of sweat secreted.
Can talcum powder treat underarm odor and dark underarms permanently?
The above information has given us the grounds to show that talcum powder is effective in the treatment of underarm odor and dark underarms. But can it effectively treat all cases of bad breath, dark underarms, and more importantly, can it be treated definitively?
According to doctors, underarm odor and dark underarms are caused by sweat glands, sebum and melanin. Therefore, in order to treat these diseases, we must apply deep interventions to these functional parts.
However, talcum powder can only affect the skin, in other words, it can only penetrate and promote its effects on the epidermis of the skin. Therefore, the method of using talcum powder can only remove odors, reduce sweat secretion, kill bacteria and temporarily reduce dark underarms. More importantly, this method is only effective for mild cases, persistently applied for a long time.
As for those who have bad armpits or dark underarms, long-term, this treatment does not seem to bring the expected effect. The best solution for this case is to apply high-tech treatments at reputable beauty facilities. A place with advanced technology to treat underarm odor and dark underarms.
Therefore, if you are suffering from severe underarm odor, or want to treat underarm odor quickly and effectively, choosing a reputable facility for treatment with technology is the best solution for you right now. . And Beauty Spa is a reliable suggestion for you! Why? Find out in the next content!
Johnny Jacks was born in 1985 in Texas, USA. He is the founder of Good Health Plan and is passionate about helping people improve their health and physical well-being. With over a decade of experience working in the healthcare industry, he currently works at Goodheathplan.com – a blog that shares knowledge on beauty and health.