The dark underarm condition makes postpartum mothers extremely anxious and depressed. This has a significant impact on confidence and aesthetic beauty. Therefore, how to treat dark underarms after giving birth is one of many things that mothers care about.
Understanding this, the following article will share with mothers 13 ways to treat dark underarms after giving birth quickly and safely.
Causes of dark underarms after giving birth
Surely this is also the question of most diaper mothers. Because since pregnancy and after giving birth, the armpit area becomes dark and ugly with an unpleasant armpit odor. This condition is caused by hormonal changes.
More specifically, during pregnancy, the amount of estrogen and progesterone in the body increases suddenly. At that time, the proliferation of melanin pigment becomes out of control. This causes the skin surface to be thinned and change color from pinkish white to dark black quickly.
Not only that, the placenta and the fetus will secrete a large amount of hormones that cause hyperpigmentation, making the skin on the body dark and unsightly. Including armpits, abdomen, groin, chest and even facial skin. Not only does this cause darkening and pigmentation, but this condition also causes an extremely unpleasant body odor.
In addition, underarm darkening is also determined by causes from improper care habits. Those are the causes such as: not exfoliating, shaving, plucking armpit hair regularly, wrong way or due to overuse of deodorant … Once the specific causes are identified, you will know how to prevent and apply them. The most effective way to treat dark underarms after giving birth.
13 effective and simple ways to treat dark underarms after giving birth at home
To make the ways to treat dark underarms, you can use available natural ingredients. These are extremely effective, safe and economical methods that mothers can perform at home.
Use coconut oil
In the composition, coconut oil contains a large amount of fatty acids, lauric acid. These substances have a bactericidal effect and inhibit the proliferation of melanin effectively. Besides, coconut oil also has the ability to moisturize, help care for the skin under the arms to become smooth, bright white. So, you should use coconut oil to perform effective home remedies for dark underarms after giving birth.
- You need to prepare a thin towel and 5 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil.
- Before the procedure, wash your body thoroughly with warm water, especially the skin under your arms. This helps the skin become soft and stretchy.
- Next, use a soft towel soaked in coconut oil and proceed to rub the armpits on both sides. At this point the skin also becomes soft and you can use a razor to clean the armpit hair.
- Finally, take a shower to clean the armpit area with water and shower gel.
- Persist in applying every day, you will soon have bright white underarm skin, no longer dark and unattractive.
Salt and yogurt
The sodium chloride component in sea salt has an effective disinfecting and bactericidal effect. Salt also has the effect of exfoliating to make the skin under the armpits become clean, white and smooth. Not only that, the postpartum dark armpit treatment formula with a combination of yogurt will help whiten, firm, and effectively fly away dark spots.
- First, you need to prepare 2 tablespoons of powdered salt and 1 jar of unsweetened yogurt.
- Mix the 2 ingredients together to form a homogeneous mixture.
- After cleaning and drying your body, apply the prepared mixture on the dark underarms.
- Leave the mixture on the skin for about 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- You should apply this method 2 to 3 times per week for best results.
Note: you should not apply this treatment for dark underarms after giving birth continuously every day. Because the impact of salt will make the skin easily worn and peeled.
Treat dark underarms effectively with lemon
Underarm darkening, darkening and unpleasant odors will be thoroughly solved by using fresh lemon. Specifically, the natural acid component in lemon helps to disinfect, deodorize and whiten the skin effectively. The vitamin C content in this fruit also helps to exfoliate dead cells and stimulate the regeneration of new skin. As a result, the underarm skin will become white and smooth.
- First, cut a fresh lemon into small slices.
- After cleaning the underarm area, use the cut lemon to rub it all over the underarm area.
- Do this for about 3 to 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Consistently apply the treatment of dark underarms after giving birth with lemon every other day, the dark skin will gradually lighten in color.
- Turmeric and honey
Turmeric contains a high content of active ingredient curcumin, which helps to fight bacteria, fade dark scars and whiten skin effectively. Meanwhile, honey is prized for its anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to inhibit the formation of melanin. These help to weaken the dark cuticle structure in the armpit area. So, the combination of turmeric and honey will be a great solution for you to get rid of dark underarms.
- You need to prepare ingredients including: 5 fresh turmeric and 5 tablespoons of pure honey.
- First, scrape the peel of turmeric, wash it and bring it to a puree.
- Mix the ground turmeric with honey, put the mixture in a small jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- Every night after bathing, apply the mixture on the armpit area and incubate for 5 to 10 minutes.
Treat dark underarms after giving birth at home with talcum powder
Baby powder has the ability to effectively absorb sweat and sebum and help treat dark underarms and eliminate odors immediately. So, take advantage of this preparation to effectively treat dark underarms after giving birth at home to own a smooth, white skin.
- After washing your body clean, use baby powder to apply to the entire underarm area.
- Leave the powder on the skin like that overnight and shower again in the morning.
- Persevere to do it every night, you will soon solve the problem of dark and smelly underarms.
For a long time, alum has become a commonly used material to treat dark underarms. Because alum contains a large amount of active ingredient alumen. This active ingredient has the ability to disinfect, kill bacteria effectively, twice as much as salt. Not only that, the natural acid component in alum also has the effect of deodorizing and controlling oil effectively.
- Proceed to mix 2 tablespoons of alum powder with a little clean water to form a paste.
- After bathing once, use the prepared mixture to apply evenly to the armpits.
- Incubate for about 5 to 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly with shower gel and water.
- In the hot summer, do this method every day and do it every other day in the winter to soon solve the dark and smelly underarm condition.
How to treat dark underarms after giving birth with potatoes
In the composition, potatoes contain mild acid content and many nutrients such as vitamins, magnesium … These ingredients have whitening effect, effectively treat dark underarms after childbirth. So, do not ignore the way to treat dark underarms after giving birth with potatoes.
- You need to prepare 1 potato, with the skin on, washed, boiled or steamed.
- Let the potatoes cool and cut into slices.
- Use each potato slice to rub on the dark, dull underarms.
- Consistently apply once every 3 days, the skin under the arms will gradually whiten, smooth.
Method to reduce dark underarms after giving birth with cucumber
Cucumber is also one of the natural ingredients that effectively whiten and reduce dark underarms. Because cucumber is cool, contains a lot of water to help balance moisture. Thanks to that, it helps control sweat glands, deodorizes and gradually brightens the skin.
- Wash cucumber, cut into thin slices and soak with white salt.
- Use prepared cucumber directly on the dark underarms.
- Leave on skin for about 10 to 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Persist in doing it every night, you will soon own bright white underarms.
In the composition, coffee grounds contain a large amount of caffeine, which has an effective antiseptic, exfoliating and deodorizing effect. The skin under the armpits also gradually becomes white and bright, and the dark spots disappear quickly.
- Before doing the postpartum dark underarm treatment with coffee grounds, clean the underarm area with warm water.
- Use coffee grounds to rub on the dark underarms.
- Do it gently for about 10 to 15 minutes so that the active caffeine can have the best effect.
- Consistently apply regularly 3 times per week, you will soon get rid of dark underarms, heavy smell.
Green tea grounds
Green tea grounds are the next ingredient that effectively treats dark underarms. Because green tea has a bactericidal effect, balancing the pH of the skin. The skin also becomes dry, white and smooth, effectively removing dark spots, heavy odors.
- After washing your body, use green tea grounds to gently rub the dark underarms.
- Do this continuously for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.
- Consistently apply the treatment of dark underarms after giving birth with green tea grounds regularly every night, you will soon be confident with bright, smooth skin.
How to treat dark underarms at home with perilla leaves
Perilla leaves have the ability to reduce pimples, inflammation of the pores due to hormonal changes and the wrong process of plucking armpit hair. This leaf also has the effect of whitening, smooth and healthy skin. Therefore, you can use perilla leaves to effectively treat postpartum dark underarms at home.
- Prepare 1 handful of perilla leaves, wash and bring to boil with lemon and ginger.
- Let it cool and use this water to bathe the whole body, and use perilla residue to rub on the armpit area.
- Finally, rinse thoroughly with cool water.
Vitamin E in the treatment of dark underarms
How to treat dark underarms after giving birth with vitamin E is one of the effective methods that you should not miss. Because the content of vitamin E will be added to help the underarm skin be white, remove dark spots.
- After a clean bath, use vitamin E gel to apply evenly to the armpits.
- Use a cotton pad to cover your armpits and leave overnight.
- The next morning, wash your armpits with warm water.
- Persevere to do it 2 to 3 times per week, you will soon achieve the desired effect.
How to treat dark underarms after giving birth with aloe vera
In the composition, aloe vera contains abundant amounts of vitamins C, A, E. These nutrients have the effect of removing dark spots on the skin effectively. Therefore, take advantage of aloe vera to treat dark underarms after giving birth and own smooth white skin.
- You need to prepare 1 aloe vera branch, remove the peel, take the gel and bring it to a puree.
- After cleaning the armpit area, use the crushed aloe vera gel to apply to the armpit area and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash your armpits thoroughly with cool water.
- Persist in doing 2 to 3 times per week, you will soon be confident with smooth white underarm skin.
Notes you need to know to treat dark underarms after giving birth effectively
To get the best results after giving birth, you need to keep the following in mind during the process:
- Perform persistently: The ways to treat dark underarms with natural ingredients as above only work on the surface of the skin. Therefore, in order for the skin to recover and remove dark spots, you need to persevere with a suitable frequency for a long time from 2 to 3 months.
- Wear cool, absorbent clothing: You should pay attention to wear cool, absorbent clothes. This helps to keep the body clean and clear, avoiding the accumulation of sweat, bacteria that cause inflammation, and darkening of the skin under the arms.
- Limiting armpit hair removal, using deodorant rollers: Dark underarms and roughness also come from the habit of plucking armpit hair with tweezers and abusing deodorant rollers. Therefore, you should soon give up these bad habits and choose safe hair removal technologies and only use deodorant when necessary.
Through the above article, we have shared with you the top 13 effective ways to treat dark underarms after giving birth. Hope you will soon choose the most suitable method to quickly be confident with bright, smooth and fragrant underarms.
Johnny Jacks was born in 1985 in Texas, USA. He is the founder of Good Health Plan and is passionate about helping people improve their health and physical well-being. With over a decade of experience working in the healthcare industry, he currently works at Goodheathplan.com – a blog that shares knowledge on beauty and health.