Red beans, no less than other legumes, contain a substantial amount of nutrients that are highly beneficial for both health and skin. However, few are aware of the skin whitening properties inherent in red beans. Consequently, the consumption of red bean juice has gained popularity among many women and has garnered positive reviews on various forums. But is the claim that red bean juice can whiten the skin actually valid? And if so, how should one consume it? Let’s delve into further details in this article.
Is the claim that red bean juice can whiten the skin valid?
Red bean juice is essentially a type of water extracted solely from red beans. The process involves roasting dried red beans until they turn crisp, cooling them down, and subsequently steeping them in boiling water, much like brewing tea. The resulting liquid is what we refer to as red bean juice.
According to experts, the skin whitening effectiveness of red bean juice can be attributed to its rich content of the following essential ingredients:
Vitamins E and C:
Red bean juice boasts high concentrations of vitamins E and C, endowing it with potent antioxidant properties. These components effectively decelerate the aging process, combat wrinkles and dark spots, and nourish the skin, leaving it healthy, supple, and smooth. Additionally, these vitamins bolster the skin’s resilience, shielding it from various environmental aggressors.
Vitamins B1, B6, and B12:
Abundant in red bean juice, these vitamins fortify individual skin cells, bolster the body’s immunity, and contribute to maintaining healthy and radiant skin from within. Moreover, the presence of vitamin B12 significantly aids in the prevention of cancer.
The vitamin A found in red beans facilitates the elimination of dead skin cells, stimulates the production of new skin cells, deeply cleanses, unclogs pores, and prevents blemishes and acne marks.
Minerals such as Protein, Calcium, Potassium, and Magnesium:
These minerals play a crucial role in moisturizing the skin, thereby promoting a naturally even skin tone. Furthermore, they contribute to the firmness of the skin, ensuring a naturally radiant complexion that is brimming with vitality, as opposed to the pallid appearance resulting from the usage of other skin whitening products.
Given the abundance of these beneficial components in red bean juice, it can be regarded as a veritable “nutrition source” for fostering healthy, luminous, and fair skin. But what is the correct way to consume red bean juice for skin whitening purposes? Let’s explore this further.
How to prepare red bean juice for skin whitening effectively
To acquire one cup of red bean juice and ensure the preservation of nutrients from pure red beans, follow the simple steps outlined below:
Roast and grind the red beans into powder
Ingredients: 1 kg of red beans, 1 roasting pan, filtered water
- Thoroughly clean the red beans, removing any impurities or remnants of the peel.
- Soak the red beans in a pot of water. After approximately 15 minutes, remove the beans that float to the surface.
- Wash the beans thoroughly, rinse with water, and let them drain in a colander.
- Proceed to roast the drained red beans on low heat in the pan. Remember to stir continuously to ensure even cooking and prevent the beans from burning, which could result in bitter-tasting juice.
- After roasting, transfer the beans to a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Store the ground red beans in a glass jar, ensuring the lid is tightly closed, and store it in a cool, dry place.
Mix the red bean juice
After obtaining the main ingredient, the red bean paste, follow the subsequent steps:
- Take 750g of the red bean paste and place it in a glass jar.
- Add boiling water to the jar and seal it with the lid.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 15 minutes before consuming.
- For a more palatable experience, consider adding a pinch of salt to taste.
Cook roasted red bean juice for skin whitening and fat reduction
Apart from consuming red bean powder, you can also roast whole red beans and cook them to obtain a nourishing drink that retains all the essential nutrients of the red beans. This beverage not only brightens the skin but also provides crucial nutrients to the body. Additionally, red bean juice is known to effectively reduce excess fat.
- Prepare 500g of whole red beans with the seeds removed.
- Wash the red beans thoroughly, drain the water, and then roast them in a pan over low heat. Once the aroma becomes fragrant and the beans crack slightly, transfer them to a pot and cook over high heat.
- Boil the beans until they are fully cooked and the water turns a reddish-brown color. Then, turn off the heat and transfer the liquid to a glass for immediate use.
- Store any remaining liquid in a large glass jar in the refrigerator for future use.
- The leftover beans can be pureed and used to make delicious red bean cakes.
Combining Red Bean Powder with Cassava
Cassava flour contains an active ingredient, Isoflavones, that combats the formation and development of melanin pigment. Using cassava in masks or drinks can help lighten the skin, fade pigmentation, and freckles. Moreover, cassava flour is rich in components like fiber, protein, and flavonoids, which have anti-aging effects, reduce acne, and eliminate dead skin.
One unique method involves combining red beans with tapioca to create a delicious drink with exceptional skin-whitening effects.
- Gather 3 tablespoons of red bean paste, 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour, and boiling water.
- Place the tapioca flour in a glass, add boiling water, and stir until the tapioca dissolves. Then, incorporate the red bean paste and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to sit for approximately 2 minutes until it rises evenly. It is now ready to drink.
Cooking Red Bean Tea and Eating Beans
An alternative method is to cook red bean soup that can be both consumed as a drink and eaten as beans. This preserves the nutrients present in the beans, enhancing the whitening effect while providing additional nutrients to the body.
- Prepare 1 can of red beans and 2 sprigs of pandan leaves.
- Soak the beans in water for about 4 hours until they bloom, then wash and remove any damaged beans or weevils.
- Place the red beans and clean water in a pot and cook until the beans are soft. Add the pandan leaves and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes until they release their aroma. Finally, turn off the heat and serve the tea in a cup.
Creating Red Bean Juice with Black Beans
Combining red beans with black beans surprisingly contributes to skin whitening. Contrary to popular belief, black beans aid in brightening and smoothing the skin, detoxifying it, enhancing blood circulation, and effectively combating skin aging. These benefits can be attributed to the high content of Vitamins A, B, D, E, antioxidants, and minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium.
- Gather ½ can of red beans, 1 can of black beans, and 2 sprigs of pandan leaves.
- Wash and remove the flat, deep seeds from both types of beans. Soak the two types of beans for 4-5 hours before cooking to expedite the process.
- Cook the black beans first for approximately 20 minutes, then add the red beans as black beans take longer to cook. Once both beans are soft, turn off the heat and serve the juice hot or cold according to your preference.
Preparing Red Bean Juice and Brown Rice to Improve Skin Tone
While brown rice is renowned for its cholesterol-lowering and weight-reducing properties, it also possesses skin-whitening effects due to its high levels of Vitamin B1, minerals, and trace elements. Combining brown rice with red beans aids in improving skin tone, reducing fat, and promoting overall health.
- Gather 100g of red beans and 100g of brown rice. Wash the red beans, removing any damaged or flat seeds, and drain them.
- Roast both the red beans and brown rice until fragrant. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Place both ingredients in a large pot with 1 liter of water. Cook until the beans are soft and the brown rice swells, then turn off the heat.
- Serve a glass of the hot drink, and store the remainder in the refrigerator after it cools.
Read more: How to Lighten Skin with Lemon
How to Properly Consume Red Bean Juice
Is it beneficial to consume red bean juice daily?
Red bean juice offers numerous health advantages, particularly in terms of skin whitening. However, excessive consumption is not advisable. It is recommended to drink red bean juice on a weekly basis, limiting intake to 4-5 glasses per week, with no more than 1 glass at a time. Overconsumption of red bean juice can lead to digestive issues such as diarrhea, which can be detrimental to one’s health.
Individuals with existing medical conditions should seek advice from their physician before incorporating red bean juice into their diet.
Consistent consumption of red bean juice over time yields noticeable improvements in the skin, leading to a brighter, smoother complexion and a significant reduction in excess fat.
What is the recommended duration for consuming red bean juice?
Dermatologists at Beauty Spa suggest that natural skin-whitening solutions require regular and sustained use over an extended period to yield visible results. For effective skin whitening through red bean juice, it is crucial to maintain a consistent and adequate dosage over a period of time.
Immediate or short-term effects cannot be expected with this natural remedy. Typically, noticeable improvements in the skin appear after 1-3 months of consistent use. However, individual results may vary depending on the location and condition of the skin.
Observe any gradual changes in your skin, such as increased fairness, a healthier glow, smoother texture, and increased softness. These positive changes indicate that the solution is effective for your skin.
Selecting High-Quality and Safe Red Beans for Consumption
Choosing the right red beans is a crucial step in ensuring the quality and nutritional value of your red bean juice. Here are some tips to consider when selecting red beans:
- Choose bright red, firm, and uniformly sized red beans.
- Avoid selecting beans that appear discolored, moldy, damaged, or emit unpleasant odors.
- Opt for fresh red beans with a valid expiration date.
- Purchase red beans from reputable sources with clear origins. Supermarkets with labeled expiration dates are ideal for ensuring the quality and safety of the beans.
When preparing red beans, discard any seeds that float in water, as this indicates damage, flattening, or infestation by pests. Including compromised beans in your red bean juice can compromise its taste and quality.
This article has provided essential information on the topic of using red bean juice for skin whitening. It is evident that red beans are a valuable ingredient for those seeking skin whitening and improved health. However, consistent long-term consumption is necessary for noticeable effects. For those seeking quick and safe skin whitening solutions, exploring technological alternatives is recommended.
Johnny Jacks was born in 1985 in Texas, USA. He is the founder of Good Health Plan and is passionate about helping people improve their health and physical well-being. With over a decade of experience working in the healthcare industry, he currently works at Goodheathplan.com – a blog that shares knowledge on beauty and health.