Instead of playing soccer, volleyball, swimming, many people choose Tabata exercises for daily workouts. These exercises not only meet the need for movement but also contribute to improving physical fitness. Some believe that Tabata workouts can help increase height. So does Tabata exercise really help increase height? Let’s find out.
What is Tabata exercise?
Tabata is a type of exercise that belongs to the HIIT – High-Intensity Interval Training regimen. This training method was created by Dr. Izumi Tabata from the Tokyo Institute of Physical Fitness and Sports.
Tabata consists of 8 rounds of exercise, with each round lasting for 20 seconds and followed by a 10-second rest. Tabata requires you to perform with absolute intensity, making you feel exhausted in a short period.
Although it may be tiring, Tabata exercises effectively help you burn calories. It is estimated that with 4 minutes of Tabata exercise, your body can burn 240-360 kcal. This figure far exceeds that of 1 hour of cycling, 1 hour of running, 2 hours of walking, or yoga practice.
Does Tabata exercise contribute to height increase?
Tabata exercises can contribute to height increase, but not as much as other sports. However, if you have a fondness for this workout method and are in the process of improving your height, you can still practice it daily.
Although the primary function is to burn excess fat and support weight loss, Tabata exercises also contribute to enhancing bone health, thereby supporting height increase.
Tabata involves high-intensity exercises and body movements, constantly changing postures. Movements such as jumping, planks, sit-ups, ice skating, exert a strong influence on the musculoskeletal system throughout the body. This has contributed to speeding up the process of mineral accumulation in the bones, thereby improving bone density.
In addition, Tabata exercises are a form of exercise that can optimize the production of growth hormones by the pituitary gland. This is an important factor throughout the developmental phase.
How many inches can Tabata exercises increase height by?
There won’t be any precise figures for the question of how many inches Tabata exercises can increase height by. Our height increase is not only the result of exercise but also nutrition and lifestyle.
In addition, your current age is also a factor that affects the potential growth of height. If you are in the puberty stage, height can increase by about 2.8 to 3.9 inches per year. If you are in the pre-puberty stage, height can increase by about 2 to 2.8 inches. If you are in the post-puberty stage, the height at this time can only increase by about 0.8 to 2 inches, or it may not increase at all.
How long does it take for Tabata to be effective?
If you do Tabata workouts for weight loss, the effect can be seen in a short period. On the contrary, if you want to improve your height through this workout method, it will take more time. Regular Tabata training every day, combined with a well-balanced diet, proper lifestyle, and adequate rest, will surely bring surprising changes to your height in a short time.
Effective Tabata Exercises for Increasing Height
The Tabata exercises are quite familiar, and it is crucial to maintain a consistent and fast-paced workout. Below are 8 effective Tabata exercises for increasing height that you can practice every day.
Perform the squatting exercise as follows:
- Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart, toes slightly pointing outward.
- Slightly bend the arms so that the palms are clasped in front of the chest.
- Slowly lower the hips down until in a squatting position.
- Adjust the elbows to touch the inner side of the knees.
- Maintain the position for about 20 seconds, then stand up and repeat the movement.
Plank to Push-Up
Perform the plank to push-up exercise as follows:
- Lie face down with legs straight, close together, toes touching the ground, and palms flat on the floor.
- Slowly raise the body up while adjusting the two elbows to make contact with the floor.
- Keep the back, legs, and head in a straight line (plank position), hold for 5-10 seconds.
- From the plank position, straighten both arms to raise the body up high, forming a push-up position.
- Hold for 5-10 seconds, then lower the body back to the plank position and continue to repeat steps 4-5.
Perform the hip thrust exercise as follows:
- Stand upright with feet shoulder-width apart and both hands clenched.
- Move to the left 1-2 steps and then kick the foot backward, with the hands swinging freely.
- Move to the right 1-2 steps and then kick the foot backward, with the hands swinging freely.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 continuously, quickly and decisively.
- Exercise for about 20 seconds, then switch to another exercise.
Perform the bicycle crunch exercise as follows:
- Lie on your back on the floor with both legs straight and both hands crossed behind the head.
- Bend the right leg up, keeping the left leg straight, and tilt the upper body to the right.
- Straighten the right leg and bring up the left leg, tilting the upper body to the left.
- Perform steps 2 and 3 continuously for 20 seconds.
Perform the lunge exercise as follows:
- Stand upright with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Extend both arms straight in front of the chest, while lunging with the right leg, extending the left leg and leaning the body to the right.
- Extend the right leg, while lunging with the left leg and leaning the body to the left.
- Perform this exercise sequence continuously for 20 seconds.
Perform the leg scissors exercise as follows:
- Stand upright with both legs straight, with the heels lightly touching and both arms extended.
- Kick the left leg straight forward, while bringing the right hand to touch the left shin.
- Continue to kick the right leg forward, while bringing the left hand to touch the right shin.
- Alternate kicking both legs continuously for 20 seconds.
- It is not necessary to touch the shins, you can touch your thighs or shins. But always ensure that both your arms and legs are fully extended.
Full Body Stretch
Perform the full-body stretch exercise as follows:
- Stand upright with both arms raised high above the head, palms touching each other.
- Kick the left leg back, bring it in, and continue to kick the right leg.
- Perform the exercise continuously for 20 seconds.
Perform the Russian twists exercise as follows:
- Sit on the floor with both legs bent and fully extended forward, and both hands clasped in front of you.
- Lean back slightly, lifting both legs up.
- Twist to the left, while bringing both hands to the left.
- Twist to the right, while bringing both hands to the right.
- Perform continuously for 20 seconds.
What should be noted in Tabata exercises for height increase?
To increase height through Tabata exercises, you should pay attention to the following:
- Perform each exercise continuously at the fastest pace possible for 20 seconds.
- Rest for only 10 seconds between each set and immediately switch to another exercise.
- Prior to starting the exercises, warm up to avoid injuries during the workout.
- After completing the exercises, avoid sitting immediately and perform gentle muscle stretches.
- If you are new to Tabata training, you should start with a gentle intensity and gradually increase the pace.
- Eat a light meal before exercising and hydrate in small sips during the workout.
- If you feel any muscle soreness or stiffness, take a break for 1 or 2 days.
- Individuals with a history of heart disease, joint problems, high blood pressure, etc., should avoid Tabata training.
- Women during menstruation should consider exercising moderately or resting.
In addition, to effectively improve height, besides Tabata training, you also need to pay attention to nutrition and lifestyle. A meal rich in calcium and nutrients and a good night’s sleep will help bones develop better.
Although not an ideal choice, Tabata is still a worthwhile sport to practice. Good physical fitness and a healthy physique also contribute to a taller appearance. Don’t forget to follow us to update effective height-increasing methods.
Johnny Jacks was born in 1985 in Texas, USA. He is the founder of Good Health Plan and is passionate about helping people improve their health and physical well-being. With over a decade of experience working in the healthcare industry, he currently works at Goodheathplan.com – a blog that shares knowledge on beauty and health.